One of the important aspects that you don’t want to forget is creating a wedding weekend itinerary. This is your chance to create a fun and memorable experience for your guests that goes beyond just the wedding day itself.
Multi-day celebrations are seriously trending. And whether you’re planning a destination wedding or just want to make the most of your time with your loved ones, a weekend itinerary is a perfect way to do it. From welcome dinners to brunches, there are so many events you can plan to make the most of your wedding weekend!
Looking for a guide to help you create the most fantastic wedding weekend itinerary? Don’t worry because we got your back! In this blog, we’ll provide you with all the tips and tricks you need to create a wedding weekend itinerary that your guests will love. We’ll also give you a sample template to get you started but feel free to customize it to fit your unique style and preferences.
So, let’s get into it and start planning a weekend you and your guests will never forget!
Sample Wedding Weekend Itinerary
Rehearsal at the ceremony site
Rehearsal dinner at a nearby restaurant or venue
Welcome party or informal gathering for guests who have arrived early
Hair & makeup begins
Photography begins / personal flowers deliveries
Vendors arrive & set up at the venue
Bride gets into wedding dress / first look & portraits
Wedding party members arrive at the venue
Wedding party & family photos with the couple
Cocktail hour begins
Reception starts with the wedding party entrance
Bride & groom grand entrance / first dance
First course is served
Main course is served
Best man & maid of honor toasts
Dance floor opens
Cake cutting & dessert
Guests depart from the venue
Vendors complete cleanup and depart
This itinerary can be customized based on the couple’s preferences and the specific details of their wedding weekend. It’s important to communicate the itinerary clearly to guests in advance so they know where they need to be and when, and to ensure that they have a great time celebrating the wedding with the couple.
Printable Wedding Weekend Itinerary
Get an access to our growing library of free wedding planning guides, checklists, discounts, exclusive content and more! Simply enter your details below.
Tips & Notes
- Start Early: Begin planning your wedding weekend itinerary well in advance, preferably at least six months before your wedding day.
- Consider Your Guests: Think about your guests and their needs when planning your itinerary. Make sure to include time for relaxation, socializing, and exploring the local area.
- Prioritize Key Events: Identify the key events that you want to include in your wedding weekend itinerary, such as the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and farewell brunch.
- Plan Around Your Venue: Consider the location of your venue when planning your itinerary. If it’s in a remote area, you may want to provide transportation for your guests, or plan activities that are nearby.
- Be Flexible: While it’s important to have a structured itinerary, it’s also important to be flexible. Leave some wiggle room for unexpected delays or changes in plans.
- Communicate Clearly: Make sure to communicate your wedding weekend itinerary clearly to your guests. Include all the important details, such as times, locations, and dress codes.
- Provide Options: Offer guests a range of activities and events to choose from. Not everyone will want to participate in every activity, so it’s important to provide options that cater to different interests.
- Don’t Forget the Details: Remember to include important details in your itinerary, such as contact information for vendors, transportation options, and any special instructions for guests.
Pin for Later