Marrying the love of your life can be one of the most incredible journeys of your life. Your wedding day is just around the corner, and we couldn’t be happier for you! However, there are a variety of tasks that you’ll need to handle before your wedding day.
In this article, we’ve created a sample wedding day timeline specifically for grooms that will take you through each step of the day, from getting ready to say “I do” all the way through to your epic dance moves at the reception!
If you’re looking for a traditional timeline or something more unique, don’t worry because we’ve got you covered. So, check out our wedding day timeline guide for grooms, and let’s create a day you’ll never forget!
Version #1: Simple Groom Wedding Day Timeline Template
|Wake up & start getting ready
Get dressed and pack any essentials for the day
Photography begins / personal flowers deliveries
First look & portraits
Wedding party members arrive at the venue
Wedding party & family photos with the couple
Cocktail hour begins
Reception starts with the wedding party entrance
Bride & groom grand entrance / first dance
First course is served
Main course is served
Best man & maid of honor toasts
Dance floor opens
Cake cutting & dessert
Guests depart from the venue
Vendors complete cleanup and depart
Version #2: Detailed Groom Wedding Day Schedule
- 9:00 AM: Wake up early and ensure that you are ready for the wedding day. Follow the timeline provided by the wedding planner or bride to ensure that you arrive on time.
- 10:00 AM: Start getting ready, including taking a shower, shaving, and getting dressed. Take your time to ensure that you look sharp for the big day.
- 11:00 AM: Have a light snack or lunch to keep you energized for the rest of the day.
- 12:00 PM: Gather with your groomsmen and take some pre-ceremony photos. Make sure everyone looks sharp and ready for the ceremony.
- 1:00 PM: Take a moment to relax and calm your nerves before the ceremony. This could include a quiet walk outside, some deep breathing exercises, or listening to your favorite music.
- 4:30 PM: Arrive at the ceremony venue and ensure that everything is in order. Greet guests as they arrive and make sure everything runs smoothly.
- 5:00 PM: Walk down the aisle with your best man and ensure that you are on time and that everything runs smoothly during the ceremony.
- 5:30 PM: Take post-ceremony photos with the photographer and your bridal party.
- 6:00 PM: Arrive at the reception venue and coordinate with the wedding planner and other vendors to ensure that everything is set up on time.
- 6:30 PM: Enjoy the cocktail hour and take photos with guests.
- 7:00 PM: Begin the reception with the grand entrance and the first dance.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner is served. Enjoy your meal and socialize with guests.
- 8:30 PM: Participate in the toasts and speeches.
- 9:00 PM: Cut the cake and dance with the bride and groom.
- 9:30 PM: Continue dancing and having fun.
- 10:00 PM: Participate in the wedding send-off and ensure that everything is cleaned up before leaving the venue.
Printable Groom Wedding Day Timeline
Get an access to our growing library of free wedding planning guides, checklists, discounts, exclusive content and more! Simply enter your details below.
Tips & Notes
- Don’t forget to delegate tasks to your groomsmen and family members to help lighten the load.
- Keep track of payments and due dates to avoid any last-minute surprises.
- Take time to enjoy the planning process and don’t stress too much about the small details.
- Remember that the most important thing is that you and your fiancé are getting married, so focus on the love and joy of the day.
Pin for Later