What Underwear Should I Wear Under My Wedding Dress?
Congratulations, you have finally found your dream wedding dress. But you might be confused about what to wear under wedding dress.
Most brides wear invisible panties, strapless bras and bustiers, and shaper shorts on their wedding day. These garments can make you feel confident. They can remove all your worries about bunching fabrics or visible panty lines.
Also, they target certain areas that your gown accentuates. They smooth out the silhouette from your bust to your hips.
What to Wear Under Wedding Dress with Low Back?
Wear a bra with adhesive cups if your bridal gown has a revealing low back. A pair of nude silicone cups will help you achieve a natural look. You can also try bra supports sewn into your dress’s bodice.
Can You Wear A Bra Under A Wedding Dress?
Yes, you can wear a bra under the wedding dress.
Most brides opt for longline bras, bustiers, or strapless bras as they provide the necessary support and create a smooth silhouette. These undergarments help enhance the shape and fit of different dress styles, such as sweetheart necklines, low-back, and strapless.
Other Garments to Wear Under the Wedding Gown
Don’t worry about what lies under your dream wedding gown; our advice below will radiate your confidence while walking down the aisle.
- Shapewear – Shapewear under a wedding dress helps accentuate curves. It also creates a streamlined silhouette. For additional support, you can try thigh-smoothing shorts, waist cinchers, or tummy-control briefs.
- Seamless Underwear – Nude-colored, seamless underwear helps minimize visible panty lines and offers a seamless look. You can wear panties and thongs made from smooth, lightweight that matches your skin tone.
- Petticoats and Hoops – If you wish to wear an A-line dress or ball gown, a hoop skirt or petticoat underneath can add structure and volume to the skirt. These undergarments also create a fuller, more dramatic effect.
What to Wear Under Different Wedding Dress Styles
- Gowns with Plunging Necklines – For a classic white dress with a modern twist, a wedding gown with a low neckline is an excellent choice. But this requires a special strapless bra. You should wear a bra with ample support or a low-cut bodysuit to maintain your shape.
- Column or Sheath Gowns Under your sheath or column gown, you will need seamless underwear. You can also wear shapewear to keep all details clean and smooth. But for a more hidden look and confident feel, having a bra or cups sewn into the gown is a fantastic idea.
- Halter-Style Gowns – Halter styles often do not feature necklines. So, a changeable or sleeveless bra complementing this dress is a must. If you want to switch between a strapless and halter neckline, use a convertible bra with easy-to-remove straps.
- Strapless Bridal Gowns – You can wear a bustier or bodice underneath a strapless bridal gown. These undergarments let you boost the bust support and tighten your waist. Brides with smaller busts prefer padding the cups already present in the garments or having their seamstress install cups.
Remember to try different options with your dress during fittings to ensure a perfect fit and overall satisfaction.